Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just Plain Silly

Sarah Palin must have time on her hands, because I can find no other explanation for her criticism of this year's White House Christmas card, which showed a sleeping Bo by the fire in a beautifully decorated room. Mrs. Palin's objection to it was that it had no images of "family, faith, and freedom." I guess she wanted something more like President Bush's card in 2005 which showed the family's two dogs enjoying the freedom of the snow covered White House lawn.

I grew up with very staunch Republican grandparents who would be embarassed by just how silly some Republicans have become. But as a member of the Democratic Party I hope Mrs. Palin and her ilk will keep on the road to silly.

1 comment:

Scoop (Leslie Scoopmire) said...

I am so glad I don't send out Christmas cards so that i can avoid being criticized about what design I might choose.

I too feel conflicted-- I roll my eyes at the idiocy, but enjoy how it makes the speaker appear-- at least, how I HOPE it makes the speaker appear. Sadly, I may be out of touch, and loads of people approve of this argument regarding ardent un-Americanism depicted in a simple Christmas card from our president. I fear it may be the latter-- I too am a Democrat, after all.